In Uncategorized

Oct 20, 2015: TRE with the Village Men

TRE with the village men

The villagers are working really hard. Since the earthquake, the main trekking path has vanished and now they are getting on to repair whatever they can in order to be able access other settlements. That is the priority even before rebuilding their houses. Unless the path is reconnected, no materials can be transported to their settlement. The earthquake also destroyed the mobile tower. Hence there is no way for the valley communities to communicate with each other on both sides of the valley except by walking for a few hours.

When we asked the question, “When can you come to do TRE?”, the men said “6 a.m!” and the women said “9 p.m!” OK, I will do this whenever they can be available.

The men gathered at the base camp just after 6 a.m. They had no idea what this exercise was about. But they came trusting that it was somehow good for their body and mind. Many of them complained about back and knee pains. Also they were still scared of aftershocks especially at night.

I did not explain too much about the theory but just started the exercise. They were shy at the beginning and giggling to each other. Their wives were laughing out loud, looking at their husbands doing unusual postures in a wobbly manner.

A few minutes after they all lay down on the ground, suddenly the silence took place. I loved that moment when peoples’ nervous systems suddenly calm down and the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in. Everyone was into their own shaking although some were surprised by the automatic tremor of their body.

TRE at Sunrise

TRE at Sunrise

IMG_0894

I stood back and observed them from a small distance. The sun started coming out and bold outlines of the Himalayan mountains were lightened up by the rising sun.

After the exercise, everyone said their bodies became very light. They were still a bit puzzled by why their body shook, but they were happy that they felt better anyhow. Then they went off to face a long day working at the bottom of the valley in order to build a bridge made of logs. All communities work together. They have not the slightest expectation that their government might do something for them. They do what they can do and just get on with their lives. I saw the true nature of “human resilience” at Tsum Valley.

Building Back

True Resilience

10 Comments

• grosir pakaian murah
    Jan 29, 2016 at 10:59 am

After looking at a few of
    the ɑгtiсleѕ оn үοur ᴡᥱb рɑǥe,
    I гᥱallү liҝе yοᥙϳr աay
    օf ƅⅼоցցіng.
    І ѕaѵᥱⅾ it tօ
    mу ƅߋoҝmaгк ѕіtе ⅼіѕt and
    ѡіⅼl bᥱ сɦᥱcкіǥ Ьасκ in tɦe
    neaг futᥙге.
    Plᥱɑѕe ѵіԀіt my wеƅ ѕіtе аs ԝᥱll аnd tеlⅼ me ɦοw yοս fᥱеl.

Ϝееl fгᥱе ttο ѵisіt mʏ bⅼоɡ ροѕt; grosir pakaian murah

• livres gratuits download
    Feb 05, 2016 at 06:05 pm

Definitely believe that which you stated. Yourr favorite justification seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while
    people consider worries that theyy just doo not know about.
    You managed tto hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whoe thbing
    without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

my web-site … livres gratuits download

• jasa lanscaping
    Feb 09, 2016 at 08:08 pm

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s
    time to be happy. I have read this post and if I
    could I desire to suggest you few interesting things
    or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this
    article. I wish to read even more things about it!

Feb 10, 2016 at 01:39 pm

I visit every day some blogs and websites to read content, however
    this webpage provides quality based articles.

• www.homedesignadvisor.xyz
    Feb 24, 2016 at 12:39 pm

It’s awesоme to vіsіt tɦіѕ ᴡееb pаgе ɑnd геɑԀіng tһе ᴠiеᴡѕ оf
    аlⅼ cоllеaɡսᥱs сonceгning tɦіs ρaгaցrаpһ, ԝɦіⅼe I аam ɑlѕο еaɡeг
    οff ցᥱttіng ҝnoա-һoԝ.

Ϻʏ webѕіtе http://www.homedesignadvisor.xyz

Feb 28, 2016 at 03:22 am

Ini terbaik waktu untuk membuat beberapa rencana untuk masa depan dan itu aalah saatnya untuk
    menjadi bahagia. Sayaa baru membaca posting ini dan jika saya
    bisa saya keinginan untuk menyarankan Andaa beberapa hal yang mernarik atau
    saraan . Mungkin Anda bisa menuylis artikel berikutnya mengacu pada artikel ini.
    Saya keinginan untuk baca lebih hal tentang itu!

my web site gunung bromo – http://wisatatourbromo.com,

• syera syailendra
    Feb 28, 2016 at 07:48 pm

I just ⅼikе the helpful
    іnfߋгmаtіοn уߋս ѕᥙⲣρlу іn үoᥙг aгticlеѕ.

Ι’ⅼⅼ ƅоⲟҝmaгқ үօսr bⅼߋɡ aаnd ϲɦɦесҝ ߋnce mօге ɦеге геցuⅼɑгⅼү.
    Ӏ am геlаtіѵеlʏ ϲегtaіn Ӏ’ⅼⅼ ƅе tⲟld many new stuff ρгߋper rіɡht Һегe!
    Вeѕt of ⅼuск fοг thᥱ neхt!

Аlѕо vіsіt my աеbѕіtе ::
    syera syailendra

• Free Download deadpool 2016 costume
    Feb 29, 2016 at 07:25 pm

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to
    see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube
    sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she
    has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I
    had to share it with someone!

• desain exterior modern
    Mar 01, 2016 at 12:24 am

Thanks for sharing such a good opinion, article is good, thats why i have read it entirely

• Mack patel
    Mar 05, 2019 at 06:14 am

Thanks for sharing good article.. Keep sharing